Daden Limited was founded in October 2004 and has focussed solely on virtual worlds (and related virtual character) opportunities since 2006. They are now one of the best regarded solution providers and one of the largest company of its type in the UK. They have a good reputation within the broader virtual worlds industry. Daden are members of Intellect, the Trade Association for the UK Technology Industry and also recently became members of BAE System’s Investment in Innovation programme. Daden was a double prize-winner in the US Government’s Federal Virtual World Challenge in March 2010.
Daden specialise in providing immersive 3D collaborative environments for:
- training and learning simulations;
- data visualisation (collaborative analysis);
- 3D Security;
- and interactive virtual assistants (chatbots).
Daden’s national and international clients range from the private sector to central and local government, education, public safety, health including the Ministry of Defence, the City of New York, Birmingham City Council and almost two dozen universities in the UK and abroad.
Immersive 3D simulations and exploratory learning spaces are suitable for student education and employee training. Accessible 24/7 from virtual worlds or directly from the web, scenarios and incidents to be as realistic as you need them to be – including integrating media resources such as video’s, audio, photos, maps and real life data and information into the simulations/scenarios. Using chatbot technology you can also create “non player characters” to interact with the learners or to take part in the simulation (e.g. act as patients, wounded, lecturers, customers etc).
Immersive environments offer a unique environment to support learning, training and education.
Daden are the developers of an immersive learning authoring system, known as PIVOTE, for learning in virtual worlds. It was originally created by Daden for the JISC funded PREVIEW project, where it was used to develop training material for Paramedic students at St George's Hospital and Kingston University.
Building on the success of our PIVOTE system, we have now created a second generation immersive learning tool called OOPAL. OOPAL addresses the issues educators and trainers faced previously of not having the technical knowledge to create the “sets” nor manage the 3D environment. It enables lecturers and educators to create and edit the scenarios and simulations (including the sets) entirely on the web. Only when they are ready to “push the button”, do they need to enter the 3D environment to deploy the exercise. With OOPAL, educators – and even students – can create and maintain worth-while learning experiences without the need to become virtual world experts.
- Exercise creation and maintenance is significantly simpler – making it easier to involve tutors and even students in the design and build process
- Exercises can be completely “played out” on the web – for testing or to provide access to students without virtual world capable hardware, e.g. mobiles or wireless
- Exercises are stored in a platform independent way – so you can support multiple virtual world technologies, or even move from one to another
- Student activity through the exercises can be tracked – and exported to your LMS/VLE
- Users can build or rez multiple copies of the same exercise in the 3D environment of their choice – without the need to build the sets “manually”
- Users can layout a single room to a whole SIM (island) on the web application ready to be built in the environment of their choice at a “push of a virtual button”
If you would like to know more about OOPAL, or would like a demonstration then please visit our website or contact us.